Monday, June 11, 2012

Finding A Dodgeball...

I swear March is a masochist at heart.

Let me start at the beginning....

Because both of March and June's parents are filming, I was asked to put in some overtime with them. This means that I am doing two overnights with them. Anyways, today being the first day, I spent the majority of my time with June (March had a half-day so Producer Lady went to pick him up after an early morning meeting). And if you are new to this blog, you will learn that secretly (and moreso openly) I think that June is an awesome kiddo. She's 11, super smart and ridiculously funny. Like...Tracy Ullman funny. Anyway, I was supposed to figure out ways to occupy her time while March was in school. Taking her literally around the world- by that I mean all over Greenwich Village and Union Square- to stores ranging from Old Navy to J-Crew (did anyone else know J-Crew was HELLA expensive?!?!?!) and my favorite stop: Barnes and Noble.

So with an excess of books in tow, we came back to the apt and played a serious amount of Uno which is my staple as a babysitter! It's super easy to play and kids pick it up really fast. I noticed it also fast tracks young kids to learn matching, colors, adding and sportsmanship. Note that we also made sock puppets! (photos coming soon!) So we were playing and of course, G still had Hebrew homework to do so I played with March. And I kid you not...this child demanded we play Dodgeball.

I wish I could say I adamantly said "No, of course we can't play Dodgeball. It's too dangerous".
Clearly I didn't.

I also wish I could tell you that I didn't intentionally throw the ball at him. Hard.
....Not all the time.

There...I said it. -shrug- I say it builds constitution.

Since I'll be with them for 24/7 just about, we also started working on their homemade Father's Day gift. I threw around some ideas with the kids because their dad (Daddy Camera)  has pretty much everything. So I mentioned mayhaps doing a photo collage with pictures of the two of them together around the apt, outside, as well as old pictures with a letter in the center. They loved the idea and so did Producer Lady so that's what we've been working on on and off during the day (with me acting as paparazzi!)

Needless to say we are excited about how it will turn out. And so we shall end the day watching Finding Nemo.


2 comments:

  1. You sound like Julia Roberts in Stepmom...except...no one's dying (thank goddess)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Thanks. I remember watching that movie as a kid and really couldn't help but laugh and feel sorry for J.Roberts character. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete