Sunday, June 3, 2012

Parties are fun...

...especially when you're not invited.

That's actually part true. Now you see, Friday was June's birthday party, even though her birthday isn't until the end of the month (for those of you who don't know she turns 11). For her actual birthday- June and her family will be in Europe for two weeks. Take time to process this. *solemn head nod* Welp, I had the good fortune of "helping" set up for the birthday party at this shwanky restaurant where many of the dishes were not only made of or with chocolate, but were also at least $18 a dish. Yes...again this girl was turning 11.

Anyways, there is something to be said about walking down the street with 11 helium-filled ballons. It made me feel vaguely like this...

                                                 (image is by British graffiti artist Banksy)

And it was WINDY down in Union Sq. Of course, with balloons in tow- or rather lead-, we rendezvous at the restaurant. With 8 seriously chatty 11-13 year old girls and Producer Lady looking highly frazzled, I had to go upstairs to tie a balloon to every chair. By the time I got to the 7th chair I about needed SEVERAL stiff drinks. Mainly because I was tying balloons while girls were moving around chairs. (the heart on the mirror ...not my doing. I don't get paid that much)


At the end of this incredible ordeal, I sat down with March who was beyond moody that day (moreso than usual- in all likelihood it was probably because the day wasn't about him which is something he's NOT fond of...) and drank a glass of water. To which Producer Lady asked me to bring home some gifts. Damn. REALLY?! Like...five minutes woman please! I was offered to come back to have dinner with them for fun, but being that English major I was/am, I read between the lines which were the same as high school- "Like...you can come if you want, but you don't really have to so... you don't have to come back. If you want". So...I left for my weekend to visit my parents in Jersey. But not before I had myself a delicious doctored Mojito.

Lesson of the day: Some invitations, aren't invitations, and while being 11 was awesome when you WERE 11, being around them is an awful sight to behold. *shivers*.


No comments:

Post a Comment