Wednesday, May 9, 2012

So THIS is what I do????

I had a dawning moment yesterday.

While I was at the kids media company that I work for, I sometimes Google. Mainly work for them...but like the devil it is...I google stuff that tickles my fancy. ANYWAYS. I was googling for a holiday we're doing, and lo and behold I came across an article for moms, about what a nanny is.

Now being the delightfully charming skeptic I am, I only thought "what's the difference?!" So I looked with gusto. I almost wish I hadn't. Now, I tend to post a lot of articles which I KNOW most of you won't read. Not that you can't. But really why, you're already reading, that's an extra click yaddyyaddaya....I'll paraphrase the article from eHow.com (now whether I trust the validity of eHow, but they taught me how to make a delicious macchiato so I'll run with it)

They defined the difference between a nanny and a babysitter as follows.
Nanny: "A nanny usually is more involved with children for a major part of the day on a regular basis. The Nanny Network website says the responsibility of a nanny is to “partner with the parents to help raise their charges to be responsible, competent young men and women."


Babysitter: "Sitters are typically more focused on child care rather than home management, and you can run into problems when you try to make your baby sitter perform duties outside of her normal routine."

Now...what dawned on me is that I have somewhere over the last few months, especially the last 4, have straddled the line between nanny and babysitter. Which is kind of difficult especially if there are "roadblocks" as to what I can and can't do with June and March. So does that make me a nannitter? or a banny? Oh whatever....*insert grumpy face*

No comments:

Post a Comment